We are a network of churches partnering together to mobilize and equip every Christ follower in Tampa Bay as a multiplying disciplemaker so every man, woman and child in our region has repeated opportunities to see, hear and respond to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Download TB4C Overview PDF
We believe in Jesus – He is the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through Him
We believe in partnership – to complete the Great Commission we desperately need each other
We believe in the Gospel – the clear and compassionate proclamation of the good news is central to God’s work in the world
We are committed to pray – knowing that we desperately need God, we call on Him to move mightily in our region through us
We are committed to gather – bringing pastors together for regular prayer, fellowship and accountability in reaching their shared geography
We are committed to mobilize and equip – multiplying disciplemakers and churches to reach every part of Tampa Bay by the power of the Holy Spirit
We long to see revival – the Church of Tampa Bay awakened with a passion for the supremacy of Christ in all things
We long to see unity – believers from all cultural backgrounds and Gospel traditions working side by side to love and reach our city
We long to see transformation – hundreds, thousands and millions of lost sinners finding new life in Christ – bringing renewal to families, communities and the whole region
- The Bible is the Word of God – inspired, infallible and authoritative, Scripture is the foundation for all we believe, say and do.
- Jesus is the Son of God – the fully divine Creator and sovereign Lord, eternally one with the Father and Holy Spirit, Jesus became fully human so he could give His perfectly righteous life as a sacrificial substitute for sinners like us.
- The Gospel is the way to God – all people are sinners by nature and by choice but to all who personally commit to Jesus, trusting in His atoning death and victorious resurrection to save them, Jesus promises forgiveness, freedom and everlasting life with Him.
- The Church is the people of God – made up of all believers in Jesus everywhere there is one church with one mission to make disciples of all nations, laboring together in cities and regions to glorify Jesus by proclaiming the gospel and demonstrating His love.
- Full Statement of Faith here
- Pray TB – God’s work matters more than our work – so prayer is our first and ongoing commitment. Prayer is the key that unlocks the other four gates to the city.
- Unite TB – For churches to be healthy and fruitful, their leaders must be healthy and well supported by other godly people. Our Minister Connection gatherings are designed to encourage and connect pastors and leaders, forming smaller Circles of Accountability for greater honesty and collaboration.
- Train TB – Only a multiplying movement of disciplemakers will reach every man, woman and child in our region. We are learning from movement leaders in Tampa Bay and beyond and applying best practices in making, mobilizing and multiplying disciples who make disciples!
- Love TB – Every follower of Jesus is a missionary, sent to show and share the good news of Jesus where they live, work, learn and play. We are a mobilizing network, praying that the Lord will awaken and empower His people to be salt and light right where they are, supporting a growing coalition of ministries working to address issues like crisis pregnancies, single moms, orphan care, human trafficking, homelessness, addiction and more.
- Reach TB – As we identify places of spiritual darkness we are collaborating to launch new ministries, microchurches, missional communities, campuses and churches. We believe it will take all kinds of churches to reach all kinds of people so we want to help catalyze multiplication in all of its forms.
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.” Romans 1:16
Sister City Networks we are learning from…
Christ Together Triad (Winston-Salem, NC)
Mission Columbia (Columbia, SC)
Christ Together Greater Austin (Austin, TX)
Church of West New York (Buffalo, NY)
Recent Blog Posts…
The Forgotten Ways
Alan Hirsch’s seminal book, The Forgotten Ways (2006, 2016) is a prophetic call to the western church to come back to the movement DNA of the early church. 1. The center must be Jesus and the clear, simple message, “Jesus is Lord.” 2. From the Lordship of Christ, disciple-making naturally grows in obedience to our…
The early disciples were called followers of “the Way” (Acts 9:2; 19:9). There was a lifestyle they embraced that was noted by their admirers and their opponents. Damian Gerke wrote an insightful book cleverly titled In the Way. He shows how western church practices are keeping us from making disciples who make disciples, and winsomely…
“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The…